Happy Valentines Day

This Valentine's I wish that you were with me.
It's lonelier than most days I'm alone,
Even though we'll manage on the phone
To touch with words the face we cannot see. 
You away are far more dear to me
Than anyone who might remain at home.
My love is in the places that you roam,
Being with you where I cannot be.
We do not choose the objects of our passion,
But passively await the holy fire 
That immolates our past and lights our fate,
Twisting through the alleys of desire.
So I am yours, and will contented wait,
Allowing love my life and will to fashion.








A Valentine is nothing like
A chocolate or a rose.
For in a week these shall be gone,
But Valentines remain.

If love were always sweet to tongue
Or fragrant to the nose,
Each day would be like Valentine's,
And we would go insane.
A Valentine just hangs around
Waiting to be kissed
Long after special days have passed
And every days are here.

So one is wise to choose one well
And chocolates to resist.
For in the midst of mania
It's nice to have one near.

Be my Valentine, for I
Each day have thought of you.
My whole life couldn't manage what
Your ready smile can do,
Vanquishing my loneliness
As though all light were new.

Let me be your Valentine
Even as you're mine,
Needing what I have to give 
That each might each define
I n friendship and in harmony,
Now you, now I the melody,
Each helping each to shine
Valentine's Day
Is a wonderful way
To make "I love you"
Easy to say.
To ask you to be my Valentine
I'd have to talk to you,
Something that in all this time
I've managed not to do.
I'd have to get past "Hi!" somehow
To show you that I care,
But the right time is never now,
Especially when you're there.
It's as if a wall of fear,
Transparent yet profound,
Came hurtling up as you come near,
Cutting off all sound.
I fear I won't know what to say
And strike you as a fool,
Or you'll be glad to get away,
Polite not to be cruel.
Easier to dream than act,
To hope than to find out,
So fearful of the force of fact
I wait in fear-filled doubt.
But now the day of love has come,
And I must cross its line,
And so I ask you through this poem
To be my Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment